Below is a list of duties related to the job responsibility of the Circuit Court Clerks in Mississippi. The Circuit Clerk and their staff play an essential role in local government.
The Circuit Clerk Duties:
- Serves as clerk of the County Court and Circuit Courts;
- Receives and files all lawsuits, indictments, motions, and other related papers in all civil and criminal cases filed in the Circuit or County courts;
- Issues all process including summons and subpoenas;
- Draws jurors;
- Qualifies juries;
- Keeps a record of all judgments and executions;
- Issues marriage licenses and keeps records of marriages;
- Records medical and other professional licenses;
- Registers citizens to vote and has other duties in handling elections.